The foundations of this impressive palace were probably laid by Camillo, Paolo and Vitellozzo Vitelli in 1487, but the work was finally completed by Alessandro in 1546. The severe architecture is evidence of Tuscan influence. The architect is unknown. The cornice was added in the nineteenth century by Bufalini family. At the back of the building there is a spacious courtyard and on the north side we find Palazzo Vitelli all’Abbondanza. This is really the first block of buildings and was used as a grain store hence its name “abbondanza”. This building was never finished. Inside the building there is a stable with a vaulted ceiling and below that a cellar with cross-vaulting resting on solid pillars. The first floor is made up of one large hall which is decorated with strip of frescoes that are in poor condition.