The Torre civica dates from the fourteenth century and is the real symbol of a free town. It has a prismatic form and a number of coats of arms can be seen. There is also the sign of a small roof that once gave protection to Luca Signorelli’s fresco of the Madonna con Bambino e santi. It was painted in 1474 but suffered serious damage from the weather and earthquakes and was finally removed in 1940. A fragment that shows Saint Paul can be seen in the Pinacoteca. The tower is also known as the Torre del Vescovo or Bishop’s tower because it stands next to the Bishop’s palace. On July 13ͭʰ 1397 a clock was added. From the top of the tower we can admire the historical centre of the town, the beautiful green hill of Montesca and looking further the whole Tiber Valley. It is not possible to visit it at the moment because building work is going on.