This is a severe and imposing structure. It has a single nave and the roof beams are visible. The choir is in the form of a cross. Work began in the 14 ͭʰ century and was concluded in 1424. The façade is unfinished and on the lefthand walk we find the bell tower and the ogival arch which are evidence of the skills of the local workmen in the 1300’s. There are many 14 ͭʰ century frescoes that came to light in 1911 when work began to remove much of the baroque decoration that had been added. On the left, beside the side door we find Sant’Antonio Abate (1426) which has been attributed to Antonio Alberti. On the opposite wall is the Crucifixion by the same artist. Further along we find three chapels with ogival arches. One of these is dedicated to war victims and has a 14 ͭʰ century fresco that represented The crucifix between the Virgin and Saint John.