This building was home to the seminary from 1658 onwards. In 1752 Bishop Lattanzi began the rebuilding and placed it all under the protection of the Immaculate Conception, Saint Florido and Saint Venturi, the martyr. The ancient church of Saint Gerolamo and the small Gesuati convent were joined to the larger institution when Pope Innocenzo X issued a bull that decreed that all convents that were not self-sufficient should be closed. The Gesuati soon left the town and moved to Rome but the order was then suppressed. The mortal relics of San Ventura are preserved having been transferred from Valdipetrina in 1864. This is where the saint had been martyred in 1250. San Ventura protects from hernias. The
historical archive of the diocese of Città di Castello is preserved here.