These religious buildings are named after the little Maidservants of the Sacred Heart and occupy a large area near Porta San Giacomo. The institute was founded by mons. Carlo Liviero Bishop of Città di Castello from 1910 to 1932. He
was killed in a road accident, but he had already contributed a lot to the life of the town. He was well known for his efforts to defend the faith and Christian values but he was also involved in social and political questions. The buildings are used for a nursery and a primary school and there are areas dedicated to the elderly and the needy. The little church of Santa Lucia stands next door. Further along Via XI Settembre we find the Pensionato Sacro Cuore in Palazzo Tini. Founded by Carlo Liviero in 1920 as a centre for the education of young people in Christian values, it is now mainly used as an old people’s home.