Ever since the 13th century there has been a Church here, that was originally called San Martino di Città. It was later occupied by the Benedictine monks who came from Benedict of Gubbio. The building was restored in the seventeenth century and became the home of the Capuccini di clausura. Veronica Giuliani (1660 – 1727, canonized in 1839) was the abbess who further increased the size of the convent and her mortal remains are preserved under the high altar. There is a painting that has been attributed to Bartolomeo della Gatta on the end wall of a large rectangular room. It depicts theMadonna enthroned between saint Martin Saint Benedict and the commissioner. It is not easy to get to see this. We can follow Santa Veronica’s spiritual itinerary by reading documents that are preserved here. There is a small museum that contains the most important reliquaries of the saint and her saint’s day is celebrated on July 9th, the anniversary of her death.