Palazzo Vitelli a San Giacomo was built at the beginning of the sixteenth century for Paola Rossi di San Secondo Parmense, the wife of Vitello Vitelli. In 1528 after her husband had died, she married his cousin, Alessandro. There is an internal courtyard and an arcade on the first floor. The lacunar ceilings and the frescoes are very interesting. The façade of the palace has a number of elegant sandstone windows. When the restoration work has been completed the palace will become home to the “Giosuè Carducci” library.